Κυριακή 22 Ιανουαρίου 2012

Italian Style!

So I've been living in Rome for six months now and I believe I have to shake down the legend of Italian style,this time concerning only women because adding men this post would become huge.
At first when I started to come closer to Rome's dressing code I found it perfect.Italian girls's style was so simple and comfortable(I am talking about street fashion and NOT Italian TV!).It consisted of a pair of Hogan athletic shoes(or an imitation if money are not enough), a pair of skinny jeans,a tight shirt,a simple bag -usually something from "Armani Jeans"-,light make up,beautiful nails and short well groomed hair,rarely dyed or if dyed are never blonde but always red..This is perfect for everyday,you can go everywhere just because your shoes are in the same time comfortable and expensive.
That was my first impression but after some months though I started getting bored.And here is the incident that explains everything .I was out with two friends,Rita and Laura who like real Italians are very active and very independent. Rita was wearing sharp flats with black tights and a long neutral shirt.She had smokey eyes and her boyish black hair looked perfect. She asked me what did I think of her outfit and when I said "it's nice" Laura turns and says "I don't like it.It is so femmine." Here I can put tones of exclamations marks and this is the point I realized what I missed on those girls.Femininity!
You see Italians,are beautiful with perfect bodies but they seem to have a detest for everything femmine,no dresses,no skirts,no colour,none or very little make up,short hair and everything is covered.Seriously during summertime when I was wandering at streets with only Italians and no tourists I hated wearing shorts,because noone did and I can assure you the weather was very hot!
So girls at the age of 20-30 are quite masculine but then ladies over the age of 40 and worse 50 e.t.c. are the exact opposite-too much make up,long hair dyed blonde, extremely short dresses...-
Don't get me wrong I wish I was born Italian,but I have to admit I am quite dissapointed on this matter. I do not know what happens in Cagliari or Milano but that's what I see in Rome and frankly it is great to be active and modest but never by putting aside the fact that you are a female not only because you lose a lot but also because there is quite a danger to remember that at the age of 50 and then it would be somehow late.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου